Connector issue RRS feed

• Question

•  

I cannot get the connector to install on any of my client PCs. I continually get the message " operation cancelled. try again later or contact tech support" or words to that effect.

I looked for a solution but i havent seen one yet.

Now I have a radical idea. Can i take all the connector software from the C drive of the server and copy it temporarily to a USB drive on my network and uninstall PP1. After uninstalling PP1, reinstall the updated connector software or is it not possible?

Friday, June 27, 2008 7:03 PM

Answers

• I got it to work finally- this is what i did.

1. moved all the PP1 connector files to an external drive on the network

2. uninstalled PP1

3. reinstalled the PP1 connector files (which required updating from server)

4. reinstalled PP1

5. updated PP1 connector files

6. server connected with first client laptop

I am attempting the first backup on the server and it is taking a long time to backup 100GBs over a LAN through a wireless-N router.

Monday, June 30, 2008 7:04 PM

All replies

• Hello, how are you trying to install the connector? Are you connecting directly to your Home Server and installing from it's share, from a CD or other means? Also, have you filed a bug on this yet? If not, please do so that we can investigate further:

http://connect.microsoft.com/windowshomeserver

Saturday, June 28, 2008 12:48 AM
  • I got it to work finally- this is what i did.

1. moved all the PP1 connector files to an external drive on the network

2. uninstalled PP1

3. reinstalled the PP1 connector files (which required updating from server)

4. reinstalled PP1

5. updated PP1 connector files

6. server connected with first client laptop

I am attempting the first backup on the server and it is taking a long time to backup 100GBs over a LAN through a wireless-N router.

Monday, June 30, 2008 7:04 PM