Assignment of Leads from Bulk Import (3.0) RRS feed

• Question

• Question - When importing leads for the purpose of a phone call quick campaign, what is the easiest way to assign these leads and their activity to a different user?

Process followed:

First I format the CSV file to import it as a lead. I create a new Marketing List to add them to also. Then the import generally goes fine. Once the leads are imported, I open the Marketing List and choose Create Quick Campaign. There is a step that asks who to assign the phone call activity to. At this step I would like to have all of the leads already assigned to the appropriate salesperson so all i have to do is choose "The owner of the records that are included in the campaign".

I can see where an On-Create type workflow could handle this, but is there no easier way? Seems like there should be an out-of-box feature to bulk assign leads on creation.

Friday, February 15, 2008 12:28 AM

Answers

• 1. I am afraid there is no such out of box functionality, but you can achieve this while writing some custom development.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Saturday, February 16, 2008 5:07 AM
  • For those interested, I have found a simplified method to reassigning leads/contacts/accounts that were imported using the CRM Bulk Import Wizard.

1. Go to My Workplace and choose Activities from the left-nav.

2. Choose Bulk Import from the Type drop down.

3. Find the instance of the bulk import you want to reassign the leads for. The Status Reason column should read Complete. MS CRM queues the import process. This can take a few minutes depending on how many records you are importing. Right click on the report and choose Refresh List after a few minutes. Do this until the status reads Complete.

4. Double click to open the Bulk Import record. Click on the view called "Accounts Created", "Contacts Created" or "Leads Created" from the left-nav on the form (depending on which record type you are importing).

5. You can click and highlight these records (max of 1 page at a time) and use the Assign icon on the toolbar. You will want to make sure you set your page size to the max (250 per page) from Personalize Workplace to get the most out of your time. You can cycle through the pages and reassign.

You can accomplish the same effect (with no greater efficiency) by using an advanced find view of leads by filtering to the Marketing List (if you used one in your bulk import).

- Aaron

Monday, March 3, 2008 9:45 PM

All replies

• I know 2 ways to achieve this.

1. You can see action menu on the grid, select multiple leads and perform action menu where even you can apply your rule to bulk assign.

2. You can do custom development to change owner or assign multiple through your CRM Development.

Best Regards,

Imran

Friday, February 15, 2008 7:06 AM
  •  

Thanks for your response. My current solution is to run an advanced report for leads that I own in the marketing list and reassign them 250 at a time, but these marketing lists are 10,000++ leads and this takes an unreasonable amount of time. Workflow Manager doesn't allow you to use Marketing List conditionals on Create rules so this is not an option. I think I will have to use a LeadSourceCode option to choose Imported List and use that attribute to qualify for an assignment conditional. Is there no out of the box functionalitty for mass updates of leads?
    Friday, February 15, 2008 8:40 PM
  • 1. I am afraid there is no such out of box functionality, but you can achieve this while writing some custom development.

Regards,

Imran

Saturday, February 16, 2008 5:07 AM
  • For those interested, I have found a simplified method to reassigning leads/contacts/accounts that were imported using the CRM Bulk Import Wizard.

1. Go to My Workplace and choose Activities from the left-nav.

2. Choose Bulk Import from the Type drop down.

3. Find the instance of the bulk import you want to reassign the leads for. The Status Reason column should read Complete. MS CRM queues the import process. This can take a few minutes depending on how many records you are importing. Right click on the report and choose Refresh List after a few minutes. Do this until the status reads Complete.

4. Double click to open the Bulk Import record. Click on the view called "Accounts Created", "Contacts Created" or "Leads Created" from the left-nav on the form (depending on which record type you are importing).

5. You can click and highlight these records (max of 1 page at a time) and use the Assign icon on the toolbar. You will want to make sure you set your page size to the max (250 per page) from Personalize Workplace to get the most out of your time. You can cycle through the pages and reassign.

You can accomplish the same effect (with no greater efficiency) by using an advanced find view of leads by filtering to the Marketing List (if you used one in your bulk import).

- Aaron

Monday, March 3, 2008 9:45 PM