none
Headnode "Scheduler service" gets stoped while installing Compute nodes RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

My "Scheduler service" automatically stops while installing Compute node.

Scenario:

I have installed a Head-node with Compute cluster pack. The same machine is AD/DNS and installer machine for the Compute node.

While installing compute node the installation gets complete without any issue. The "Node History" also shows all the things done successfully. But movement master node tries to update the Scheduler the service stops automatically. And the windows appears and says "Connection to the cluster is disconnected, Please login to another Cluster node". And if I connect to the local host once again a window appears and says "Failed to connect. Details:    Do you want to connect to another cluster?"

Some of the other observations:

1) On the client node machines becomes the part of "Domain" and CCP also gets installed but I am not able to see the installed CCS in to "Program files".

2) And on the Head node now if I start the "Scheduler service" and restart the "Cluster management services" then I am able to start the CCS but now the "Client node" status changes from "Provisioning" to "Unknown".

Is that a issue with New Microsoft CCS 2008 or am I doing something wrong???

Please help on this issue.

Thanks and regards,
    Jigar Halani
    Talentain Technologies

Monday, February 25, 2008 11:12 AM

Answers