Svchost.exe Application error at login RRS feed

• Question

• I am at witts end and have tried about everything! I am using XP Professional with service patch 3.

I get at login to windows a Svchost.exe application error is 0X7c91b1fa referenced memory at 0x00000010 could not be written.  I have added every patch Microsoft suggest, I have run repair for XP, I have turned off automatic updates.
    CPU usages go 100% then drops and all programs and internet runs v e r y   v e r y  slow and CPU usage goes 100% again.

Equipment: Latitude D810

I have tried Regcur but it did not fix!

Any Suggestions!  H E L P

Teach
    Monday, June 23, 2008 4:22 AM

All replies

• Hi

Do u have windows defender running, try disabling it and see, if the error is still there let me know

regs Tav

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 11:57 AM
  •  Teach-USA wrote:

I am at witts end and have tried about everything! I am using XP Professional with service patch 3.

I get at login to windows a Svchost.exe application error is 0X7c91b1fa referenced memory at 0x00000010 could not be written.  I have added every patch Microsoft suggest, I have run repair for XP, I have turned off automatic updates.
    CPU usages go 100% then drops and all programs and internet runs v e r y   v e r y  slow and CPU usage goes 100% again.

Teach

I have this EXACT same problem!  it happened after microsoft updates, but I dont know which update to uninstall it.  also, my system restore does not work.  i can create restore points but i can not restore my computer, i tried that already.  Sad  this totally sucks!

the good news is that i have my system running so lean now, i have only 43 processes running when i used to have 55.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:22 PM
  • Svchost.exe application error for Windows xp

To solve this, you should do one of the following:

1. Format your Hard Drive.

2. Buy an excellent Anti Spyware program (ex.: Sweeper) .

I have searched for long time for a soultion, I have done the expected solutions by forums and communities, and I have done the solutions at microsoft.com (Article ID : 927891, and others) .. Finally, I have got Anti Spyware to solve ...

Don't waste your time ...

This problem is Not related to the Registry, Memory, CPU, Known System Services, nor Windows Update .

Good Luck ..

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 7:26 PM
  •  Teach-USA wrote:

I am at witts end and have tried about everything! I am using XP Professional with service patch 3.

Teach

As for Abushaaban's comment about spyware remover it falls wide of the mark I have the acknoledged best anti-spyware programs installed and have tried all of them.  adaware: spyware blocker: cookie crusher: spyware blaster, just to name a few.

The problem seems to be created by my anti-viruses setting that blocks all internet activity prior to my firewall loading. Other than that, All I know is, that a tech insists that it is a physical problem with the memory. E.G. a faulty chip that causes a false positive of an error message. I am not sure that this is truly the problem but I like Teach-USA am at my wits end, and formatting the Harddrive did not work. I copied my data and settings, via nero, and it re-occoured after the format.  

So re-formatting and spyware programs don't help.

I am sorry that I do not have a solution to offer.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 6:37 PM
  • svchost.exe -- application error the instruction at " 0X7c91b1fa " reference memory at " 0x00000010 ". the memory could not be ' written'

Once this error is closed you can't start anything - and XP crashes when trying to shut down.

Fortunately, if you don't close any of the error messages down, windows still works.

1.Go 2 the start menu
    2.Right click "my computer"
    3.Click "properties" then the "automatic updates" tab
    4.Choose "turn off automatic updates"
    5.Reboot your computer
    6.Go back to start menu and in all programs go to "windows update" you have to be connected to the internet.
    7. Manually update windows.
    8. Turn your automatic updates back on.

I have also had a number of people comments that the problem reappears after some time.  The recommended fix, if the problem reappears, is to turn off automatic updates, and just manually go to Windows Update periodically and update your machine.

Leo

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:44 PM
  • TRY THE INSTRUCTIONS AT LINK BELOW...IT WORKED FOR ME...YEAH!

http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-software/svchost-exe-application-error-when-computer-booth-up-242312.html

I was having the same problem with the "Svchost.exe application error is 0X7c91b1fa referenced memory at 0x00000010 could not be written" and this finally solved it for me! 

Brandy

Thursday, October 23, 2008 11:37 PM
  • Earlier solutions not complete and specific to particular pc s.  This one good.  As this service affects Plug and Play the disable instruction is perhaps too sever - just select "manual" so the service is not lost, it will just function when you ask it to. 

Thanks.

http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-software/svchost-exe-application-error-when-computer-booth-up-242312.html

Saturday, October 25, 2008 6:23 AM
  • I tried all mentioned above, has anyone found a fix?
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 3:58 PM
  • "Windows Driver Foundation - User Mode Driver Framework" service does no show up in Services.Msc?
    Anything you can do will be greatly appreciated. Anything!
    Monday, December 8, 2008 6:59 AM
  • "Windows Driver Foundation - User Mode Driver Framework" Does not show in services.msc??
    I used 12 Registry Malware Spyware cleaners nada de nada worked nothing changed at all.

Another message as gone but was here as ht one above you mentioned
    "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Any other help?
    Monday, December 8, 2008 7:09 AM
  • "Windows Driver Foundation - User Mode Driver Framework" Does not show can it be added HOW if you know I am ready to reformat but reading on sometimes that does not work if you back up settings and data. I turned off Automatic updates and turned them on and still nada nothing changed.
    Help is you can will be appreciated.
    Monday, December 8, 2008 7:12 AM
  • "Windows Driver Foundation - User Mode Driver Framework" in the services.msc section, did you have that probelm. One person in the forum said that the reformat did not do it and it was expressed in another forum. Anything you can add?
    Monday, December 8, 2008 7:14 AM