none
TechNet and Evernote RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi Folks,

Like most of you, when preparing for certifications I virtually live on TechNet. It's the single largest public repository of Microsoft technical information anywhere in the world, and a veritable gold mine of technical knowledge.

However, I found that the vast volumes of information produced in the course of preparation for even a single exam quickly became too much for me to easily manage via my traditional bookmarks and printouts, so I needed to find a more efficient way of managing it.

A week ago I came across a blog posting where someone suggested using the popular note taking and archival application, Evernote, along with the Web Clipper add-on, to quickly and easily clip, tag, and organize my TechNet content into Evernote notebooks, by subject and topic, for easy retrieval later.

Evernote is like a free version of Microsoft's OneNote application, but with more features and add-ons. I use three versions of Evernote interchangeably, the Windows version, the iOS version, and the Web version. They all sync seamlessly with each other over the internet, so I can work easily with whatever device I have at hand at the moment, without worrying about how changes made in one place will affect my information elsewhere.

I've been using Evernote for about a week now, and I'm very happy with it, so I just wanted to share this with you. Maybe it can benefit someone. Should you require more information, you can Bing, Google, or even ask me, and I will be happy to help.

James

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 10:24 PM

All replies

• I use Evernote and agree that it's a great little app.  Thanks for sharing this tip and I'll definately be using it.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 10:41 PM
  • Hey Mr. Wharty,

Now I know that I'm on the right track, because I'm in good company :-)

James

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 10:52 PM