Custom Activities Questions RRS feed

• Question

• I've got two quick questions,

1. Is it possible to embed a grammar file within the custom activity?  I have tried setting the file to embed, but it still searches for it. (and will throw an error if it can't find it.)
    2. Is there any way to make a custom property builder for a custom activity?  I haven't found any documentation on it.
    Thanks,
    Bram

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 8:27 PM

Answers

• What custom activity are you trying to create? A composite or a speech sequence?

It sounds like you are trying to create a really custom reusable activity. If that is the case you probably should be using the composite activity (if you are not already) 

Depending on what you are trying to do with the grammar, I would use managed code to create the grammar compared to creating a grxml file and embedding it (If that is what you are trying to accomplish). That way you are always guanteed to have the grammar.

As far as creating a custom property builder, I don't think that is supported by speech server directly. If you really have time to spend on it, I think it would be possible using the SDK for Visual Studio. I haven't tried this myself but I haven't seen anything that gives you access to it in the speech server apis. It's really an extension on the VS IDE itself.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 6:22 AM