none
OneDrive Client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to get OneDrive sync client to work in our IT Suites.  As different people log onto the computers throughout the day, I need it to sign in automatically and use Files On-Demand.  I have updated the default user profile (using sysprep with copyprofile) on one of our machines with OneDrive client so it doesn't have to run through the setup each time somebody logs on (need it working quickly not 5 minutes after they log on). 

I have tried this with the Enterprise ring current version 17.3.7301.0404 and the production version 18.044.0301.0006.  I have added the registry entries that are required for silent configuration/ADAL and files on demand.  I've also used GPO's to update the registry entries for the OneDrive paths so it points to the installation in the current logged on user profile.  

The first time the user logs onto the machine it does create a local profile from the updated default profile with preinstalled OneDrive and the registry entries are all updated correctly, OneDrive launches and does log in automatically within 10 seconds, which is great!.....But, if I then log off and clear that local profile, then log on as the same user, so it gets an identical fresh profile from that same updated default profile with all the same registry updates, OneDrive launches but just sits there and doesn't sign in!  If I double click on the task bar icon and attempt to sign in manually (entering the e-mail address of the user I'm signed in as), it says "Please finish signing in with your work or education account" and just sits there and nothing happens (see below)

• Moved by Allen_WangJF Wednesday, April 25, 2018 7:53 AM Not related to Exchange
    Tuesday, April 10, 2018 2:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Andy,

Thanks for contacting us.

This forum is more focus on Microsoft Online migration and Coexistence, for example On-premise Exchange migrate to Exchange Online, however your question is more related to OneDrive, thus I recommend to contact OneDrive team in Answers forum.

For your reference:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 8:50 AM
  • Hi Allen,

I added my question to this forum because the Onedrive forum has been locked, so the nearest option I could see was online migration as we are migrating our data into Onedrive, long shot I know, but how can I add it to the Onedrive forum?

Thanks,

Andy

Thursday, April 12, 2018 8:00 AM
  • Oh~ Yes, it's locked in 30/3/2018 and cannot submit new thread now in Answer forum.

To contact OneDrive support, please use below link to send message to support team.
    https://onedrive.live.com/?action=feedback

Also, in a OneDrive mobile app, shake the device to get help or share feedback on OneDrive.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Monday, April 16, 2018 3:22 AM
    Friday, April 13, 2018 3:48 AM