none
How delete/edit a thread/post RRS feed

Answers

• Hi, unless the thread has been locked, the user that asked the original question can delete or edit the post using the "delete" or "edit" buttons found below the post.  If it has been locked and you really want it deleted, you may need to snoop around to find a moderator in the specific forum and ask for it to be deleted. 

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

My Blog

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, May 4, 2013 6:58 AM
  • Deleting a thread on your own is only possible when your question is posted and NO MORE REPLIES are in your thread. So basicly if someone replied in your thread, he must delete his post and also all other posts must be deleted, so you can delete your question (which affects that it deletes the whole thread).

Asking a moderator to delete your thread would be much easier in that situation.

And as Samuel Lester already said when the thread is locked, you must ask a moderator to delete it.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

Need any links for images like CodeBlock? Go here.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 6:38 AM

All replies

• Hi, unless the thread has been locked, the user that asked the original question can delete or edit the post using the "delete" or "edit" buttons found below the post.  If it has been locked and you really want it deleted, you may need to snoop around to find a moderator in the specific forum and ask for it to be deleted. 

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

My Blog

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, May 4, 2013 6:58 AM
  • Deleting a thread on your own is only possible when your question is posted and NO MORE REPLIES are in your thread. So basicly if someone replied in your thread, he must delete his post and also all other posts must be deleted, so you can delete your question (which affects that it deletes the whole thread).

Asking a moderator to delete your thread would be much easier in that situation.

And as Samuel Lester already said when the thread is locked, you must ask a moderator to delete it.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

Need any links for images like CodeBlock? Go here.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 6:38 AM