Problems? RRS feed

• Question

• My dad jus bought a new Gateway yesterday and I try'd to download a game for it called "Maple Story". I installed the game and double clicked the desktop icon the game started its downloading the screen went black...Then it stoped and came back to the desktop saying "A possible hacking attempt has been detected and Maple Story will be closed due to this."  So I started lookin into why this happend and my computer tolled me that Maple story is incompatible with Vista. So I gave up on that and went to bed... This morning I got up and found that Maple story ran now and thought well maybe they updated to make it work for vista...... Well now I get a  message sayin I need to validate my windows so I clik the link and Did what it said bout the Active x or what ever and now Im stuck in this internet mode and cant get to the desktop and cant log into any of the user accounts?

Help me?

Thursday, February 1, 2007 7:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Does Maple Story run GameGuard?
    Thursday, February 1, 2007 7:29 PM
  • Yes it does little blue Icon.

Why?

Thursday, February 1, 2007 7:33 PM
  • Please look for an update from the Gameguard team.

http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=897109&SiteID=25

I do know there is an international version of their program that they have re-released to be compatible. I do not know of timelines for the US release from GameGuard.

-phil

Thursday, February 1, 2007 7:36 PM
  • Thanks for ur help Phil but im still stuck.  I know that maplestory caused the problem I think but I still cant vallidate my windows or whatever and it keeps popping up when ever I try to sign into one of the user accounts on the computer?
    Thursday, February 1, 2007 7:39 PM
  • You'll have to uninstall Maple Story and reboot. Then go to www.microsoft.com/genuine and click Validate - it should set itself back after that.

-phil

Thursday, February 1, 2007 7:40 PM
  • How do I get out of this internet window stuff and into one of the user accounts on the computer to uninstall it?
    Thursday, February 1, 2007 7:42 PM
  • Well,this happend to me also.

I did this,Reboot the system,and don't play MS or delete it.

We have to wait for a patch.

Thursday, February 15, 2007 2:57 PM