help with shared folder access from windows 7 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• I recently setup WHS 2011, created user accounts for all PCs. everything worked great until I decided to change password on my w7 64bit PC, and I did also change account password for the user in WHS 2011 but now I am now no longer able to read & write to the shared folders on WHS 2011.  I've deleted user account, deleted PC, uninstalled connector software from PC, waited a day created user again reinstalled connector software but nothing has worked. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    Friday, March 9, 2012 4:13 PM

Answers

• Under normal circumstances you create user accounts for "Users" not PCs - is that what you did using the Dashboard? To make it seamless to access shared folders it is best to create the same user name on WHS as you have on your client PCs and use the same password. If you change the user password on the client you should only need to use the Dashboard and do the same on the server - if that dies not work there is another problem

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by djohnson401 Friday, March 9, 2012 10:36 PM
    Friday, March 9, 2012 5:14 PM

All replies

• update: So I changed my password back to the original password now everything works normally. So now my question is how do I change my password and make everything work properly.
    Friday, March 9, 2012 4:49 PM
  • Under normal circumstances you create user accounts for "Users" not PCs - is that what you did using the Dashboard? To make it seamless to access shared folders it is best to create the same user name on WHS as you have on your client PCs and use the same password. If you change the user password on the client you should only need to use the Dashboard and do the same on the server - if that dies not work there is another problem

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by djohnson401 Friday, March 9, 2012 10:36 PM
    Friday, March 9, 2012 5:14 PM
  • Thank you very much you nailed my problem. thanks again
    Friday, March 9, 2012 10:37 PM