Transfer Microsoft Office 2007 from Vista to 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a copy of Windows 7 which I wish to install on my laptop (currently running Windows Vista).  I have a copy of office ultimate installed on my latop currently, and would like to transfer it to the same laptop after installing Windows 7.

Now here is where my problem lies - I cannot for the life of me find the product box - i think it must've been thrown away when I moved home last year. Is there ANY way to get my product key or to copy Office across?!

Thank you!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:51 PM

Answers

• Hello ardy1986,

If you are upgrading from Vista to W7, the default Setup procedure (inplace upgrade) will retain your installed programs, settings, and documents.

If you purchased Office Ultimate 2007 in a retail package and you have lost the package (which would include the installation disc, the Certificate of Authenticity, and the Product Key), then there is nothing that can be done by Microsoft to replace those for you.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 4:16 PM

All replies

• Belarc Advisor or MagicJellyBean will retrieve the key, on the installed PC

"ardy1986" wrote in message news:e4a1d267-eb97-4a20-a50b-4667bf913aa5...
    Hi,
    I have a copy of Windows 7 which I wish to install on my laptop (currently
    running Windows Vista). I have a copy of office ultimate installed on my
    latop currently, and would like to transfer it to the same laptop after
    installing Windows 7.
    Now here is where my problem lies - I cannot for the life of me find the
    product box - i think it must've been thrown away when I moved home last
    year. Is there ANY way to get my product key or to copy Office across?!
    Thank you!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 3:00 PM
  • Hello ardy1986,

If you are upgrading from Vista to W7, the default Setup procedure (inplace upgrade) will retain your installed programs, settings, and documents.

If you purchased Office Ultimate 2007 in a retail package and you have lost the package (which would include the installation disc, the Certificate of Authenticity, and the Product Key), then there is nothing that can be done by Microsoft to replace those for you.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 4:16 PM