Where would I find the answer to encrpyting problems? RRS feed

• Question

• Where would I find the answer to this problem?

"recently just formatted my computer after a disasterous trojan got me. once I got back everything I noticed extra icons on the desktop I didnt think anything of it until I went into my hardrives and these faded out icons were everywhere finally I figured out that these were hidden files only they werent hidden you could plainly see them so I tried to unhide them and hide them again no luck for some reason my computer wont let me hide files the the hide option is activated the icons are still there only faded please tell me someone else has experienced this problem."
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 8:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello , 

Thank you for your post!  Unfortunately I am not able to determine which forum or newsgroup is best suited for your question at hand.  Can you provide me a little more detail in regards to the product or technology you are inquiring about?

Thanks!

Thanks & regards
    Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 9:01 PM
  • No problem I'm running Vista 32-bit. The problem is that when I try to hide/encrypt anything all the icon does is just fade but its still visible and that goes for the entire system.
    Friday, May 15, 2009 12:50 AM
  • Hi,

You can post your question in the forum
    (Windows Vista > Forums Home > Windows Vista Forums > Vista Assistant ) from where you will be directed to the suitable forum.
    To see the entire list of Windows Vista Forums.

Hope that helps.

Thanks & regards,

Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Friday, May 15, 2009 7:10 PM