Permission Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have two users who are in the same business unit. I have a role that is set for read only access to the Parent: Child Business Unit which should allow these users to view each others information. They cannot see each others informaiton unless I provide full Organizational level access? This is a link between Leads and Contacts, a custom N:1 relationship from leads back to contacts.

Any idea how to fix this or what am I missing?

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 6:52 PM

Answers

• If you want the two users to have read access to each other's leads (but presumably write access to their own leads), then you can customise a security role to do this. On the Read privilege, set the scope to Business Unit (or higher, as appropriate) and on the Write privilege, set the scope to User.

Regards,

Neil Benson, CRM Addict at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter, and you're welcome to sign up to Customery, an online community for UK-based Dynamics CRM people.

Thursday, April 29, 2010 3:32 PM
  • I figured it out, it was a data issue with a user not using a normal first name, last name convention/policy then asking about the wrong person!
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 3:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you come back clear on "I have a role that is set for read only access to the Parent: Child Business Unit".

Your Users have read only access to CRM (Licence Type) ? or

You have a role in CRM which are set to read rights on Lead and Contact entities and assigned to the Users?

Moreover, if the Users are in the same Business Unit, you do not need to set the Parent: Child Business Unit access rights. Business Unit access rights would do good and users can see each others records on this access level.

Best Regards,
    Gagandeep Singh
    http://mscrmnovice.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 7:17 PM
  • Ok I have a role called: "Office Administrator" and for Contacts the permission is set for "Parent: Child Business Unit"

To your point "Moreover, if the Users are in the same Business Unit, you do not need to set the Parent: Child Business Unit access rights. Business Unit access rights would do good and users can see each others records on this access level."

I have two users in the same business unit, I want them to be able to have read only access to each others Leads. As of now this only seems possible if I give them full the READ priveledge Organizational roles. I don't want that, I want it at their business unit only.

Thursday, April 29, 2010 3:25 PM
  • If you want the two users to have read access to each other's leads (but presumably write access to their own leads), then you can customise a security role to do this. On the Read privilege, set the scope to Business Unit (or higher, as appropriate) and on the Write privilege, set the scope to User.

Regards,

Neil Benson, CRM Addict at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter, and you're welcome to sign up to Customery, an online community for UK-based Dynamics CRM people.

Thursday, April 29, 2010 3:32 PM
  • I figured it out, it was a data issue with a user not using a normal first name, last name convention/policy then asking about the wrong person!
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 3:52 PM