CRM 2011 - Error opening workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! 

Recently we migrated our CRM 4.0 to CRM 2011, some users are getting error when they trying to open some workflows.

Follow the error:

Thanks! Fabio

Friday, November 29, 2013 7:26 PM

Answers

• This problem occour because the user dont has permission in this folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Server\bin\assembly. I add a developer AD group with read permission and resolve it.
    Friday, February 12, 2016 6:58 PM

All replies

• Friday, November 29, 2013 9:07 PM
  • I tryed this solution but doesn't work for me.

Some user just can't opening workflow form while other can work normally.

Monday, December 2, 2013 10:10 AM
  • If it is for some users alone, have you check if they belong to the same group or check the permission levels fro the groups they belong to. If the workflow is trying to chance data and the user group has only view access

Philip

Monday, December 2, 2013 7:33 PM
  • Hi!!

I have administrator permission/group and i still have this issue, other 2 user with same permission/group can acesses normally.

Thank!

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 12:50 PM
  • Is your custom activity trying to access some other resource outside CRM?

Philip

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 4:02 PM
  • Its a custom workflow, it access one or two dll to do something, some proccess, and return the result to crm.
    Tuesday, December 3, 2013 4:05 PM
  • So the problem is with those dll's trying to access resources which you do not have access to. try and find out what those dll's and if you have access to those dll's

Philip

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 4:11 PM
  • i registered the custom workflow and put all dlls on the folder... i have access

i just open the folder i copy/paste it again

i dont know what to do

PS: thw workflow are running with administrator/system

• Edited by Fabio DRM Tuesday, December 3, 2013 4:26 PM
    Tuesday, December 3, 2013 4:14 PM
  • GAC those dll's

Philip

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 4:33 PM
  • Are they also trying to access any other plug-in's

Philip

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 4:34 PM
  • no, just access a webservice to get some information and do some process then return to crm

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 4:36 PM
  • It's clearly the webservice that is returning the error, its not the CRM. Double check the webservice or the parameters that needs to be sent to get the desired result. 

Philip

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 5:25 PM
  • its not the webservice...

Other user can open the SAME "Success" workflow, after all proccess and see the result. Some user can't do it, this error occours.

For example:

Open random entity, go to "Workflow" side menu. You can see all executed workflow with status "success", "pending" and etc.

All executions of this workflow are in "success" status, no error, but i cant double click in it, can't see the result or i cant open this form to alter the workflow.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 5:33 PM
  • Ok got it... my bad, so you do not have the problem with execution only while opening an executed workflow. The workflows that can be opened follow a path vs the workflow that do not open?

Philip

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 8:49 PM
  • ahah no problem, i should explained this before

So, the path is the same, accessing from the side menu on the entity or from customization -> process menu

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:20 AM
  • The path which I was talking about is the workflow execution path within the workflow. The basic idea is to figure out if workflow executed in a specific path errors out when you try to open it. That way you atleast know what will errors out and may be redevelop that workflow and redeploy it, it could be because of the xaml transaction layer. just a thought  

Philip

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:19 PM
  • i thought you was talking about the url hehe

i dont understant why some user can open while other can't. i think its a bug, an error during migration(crm4 to crm 2011) proccess, cause our prodution and homologation servers have this problem with customs workflows.

i will try recreate/redeploy this workflow.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:41 PM
  • new:

i recreated the workflow, plugin etc.
    when i tryed to register the plugin with my user, i got an error saying "Assembly must be registered isolated", sandbox.
    when i tryed the same thing with adminstrator user it was sucessefull.

the plugin was executed by administrator user with the workflow, when i execute with my user i got "Assembly can not be loaded", but i can access the folder where the dll/plugin was registered by administrator.

My user have administrator role, full access... 

I checked the Adminsitrator Deployment role, my user does not existe there but others user that does not exister either can access the workflow

any ideia?

• Edited by Fabio DRM Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:55 PM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:35 PM
  • This problem occour because the user dont has permission in this folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Server\bin\assembly. I add a developer AD group with read permission and resolve it.
    Friday, February 12, 2016 6:58 PM