creating business logo RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to come up with a new business logo.  Is it legal to use clipart or other images to use for my trademare logo.  Or is that copyright issue?  Couldn't find EULA.

And what is a EULA, I guess I've never read any of them. 

Thanx

Thursday, May 17, 2007 10:33 PM

All replies

• Swanny_35,

Depending on the clipart, most of it is free for use but it does have to be altered to be trademarked. You cannot just use any image because there are copyright issues involved in most cases. A better idea would be to deal with a graphic designer who can come up with a few logos for you using your ideas of what you might like, you choose the one you do like, they do all the research to ensure you aren't copying someone elses logo, which keeps you from being liable for a mistake, and you get a well designed logo you can proudly use for your business. If you want to get some ideas on pricing, send a message to my graphic designers alias address: mayadesign1 at mac dot com. I don't want to give out her actual address so the spammers cannot access it, whereas with an alias it can always be deleted and your actual address is protected.

As for EULA, it stands for End User License Agreement and it is a very long description of what you can do with your legally purchased software. I hope that helps and good luck with your logo.

- iMangosteen

Monday, May 21, 2007 4:29 PM