Administrative time updates resource calendar in Project Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Project Server 2007.

I am a team member,

I have two scenarios:

1.I created timesheet, in that for a day i have created Plan Administrative time(Vacation).

Once i created the Plan Administrative time i can see in my resource availability page, that day changes to 0h. And i submitted the timesheet. My timesheet manager approves the timesheet.

Then i checked the resource availability page remains same with 0h.

2.I created timesheet, in that for a day i have created Plan Administrative time(Vacation).

Once i created the Plan Administrative time i can see in my resource availability page, that day changes to 0h. And i submitted the timesheet. My timesheet manager approves the timesheet.

Then i checked the resource availability page still remains same with 0h, doesn't change to 8h.

My question is, if the timesheet manager rejects the timesheet the resource calendar doesn't get updated.

Can anyone tell me how it works

Monday, May 23, 2011 4:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Is the Timesheet Manager a member of the Resource Managers Security Group?
    Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Monday, May 23, 2011 5:40 PM
  • Yes, he is added to Resource Managers Group
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:43 AM
  • After the timesheet is rejected, the resource should recall the timesheet and resubmit it.
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:55 AM
  • Hi Chefetz,

After the timesheet is rejected, i clicked on my timesheet period and clicked Actions- The "Recall Timesheet" option is disabled

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:16 PM
  • When you are "Planning the Administrative Time", which row are you putting time in: Planned or commited?
    Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS Blog: http://thinkepm.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:47 PM
  • Hi,

I have entered both in Planned and Commited

Which one should i enter?

What is the difference between Planned and Committed?

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:23 AM