Deploying A/V Edge Role RRS feed

• Question

• We have a Comcast Gateway which runs to a DLink DFL-700 Firewall.  That has 3 interfaces (WAN, DMZ, LAN).  The WAN goes to the Comcast Gateway and the DMZ + LAN go to two separate 3com switches.  I have IM, Presence and A/V Web conferencing up and running internally.  We haven’t configured UM yet.  So, everything excluding UM is working fine internally.

I’m now setting up external (no vpn required) access.  I have IM and Presence up and running fine.  I’m wrapping up setting up the Mobile Office Communicator access and Communicator Web Access configuration for remote users this week.  My question is around configuring external A/V Conferencing.  I know the white papers say for the A/V Public IP address, you can’t NAT it.  I’m not sure how I would set up the network for this with my existing network setup (described above)?  I have a dedicated public IP already allocated for A/V but I’m not sure where to go from here.  

Do I need to purchase a new firewall which will give me an additional interface and then hook that up to a small switch for the A/V portion?  I do have a 5 port Cisco/Linksys switch available to use.

Does this question make sense? 

Many thanks

Thursday, December 27, 2007 2:17 PM