Backup Duration (not shown in Details of a backup) RRS feed

• General discussion

• I noticed that I don't see "Duration:" listed anywhere in the backup restore process in Vail.  In the original WHS, you could click on any backup, select Details, and see the exact Duration.  I find knowing how long a backup takes for a given machine invaluable, especially when troubleshooting backup failure issues.

I realize this functionality may be added back in by the final release, but just wanted to put it out there, in case it really was an oversight.  Searched this forum, didn't see any similar posts.

Saturday, May 1, 2010 8:15 PM

All replies

• I noticed that I don't see "Duration:" listed anywhere in the backup restore process in Vail.  In the original WHS, you could click on any backup, select Details, and see the exact Duration.  I find knowing how long a backup takes for a given machine invaluable, especially when troubleshooting backup failure issues.

I realize this functionality may be added back in by the final release, but just wanted to put it out there, in case it really was an oversight.  Searched this forum, didn't see any similar posts.

I don't recall anyone from MS mentioning that it would added later.  You should file a suggestion on Connect and post the link to it here.
    Saturday, May 1, 2010 8:22 PM
  • One of those smaller features we removed to make the UI simpler and less busy for casual users. We may have removed one too many :-); I have received several comments about this. Please bug, or vote on existing.

cheers

-Bodhi 

Bodhi Deb - MSFT
    Saturday, May 1, 2010 8:38 PM