CRM 2011 Outlook Client installed on a Terminal Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Has anyone installed CRM 2011 Outlook Client on a Terminal Server? Did you come across any issues? We have a client that is testing out the CRM 2011 Online and they installed the client on a terminal server. The issue we're having is that Outlook seems to freeze up. Since it's a terminal server all the users get the client even though there are only a few who will use CRM. So everyone on the terminal server is experiencing some kind of issue with Outlook, mostly Outlook freezing up. Microsoft does not suggest/recommend the installation of Dynamics CRM 2011 Outlook Client on a terminal server, all though it can be done. I have RU2 installed. We have disabled the CRM add-in to see if that makes a difference and if they still have issues we will uninstall the client. If Outlook continues to freeze up with the CRM Outlook Client uninstalled then we will know there are other issues that need to be resolved before the Outlook Client can be reinstalled.

Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have 20 users with online crm 2011 accessed on a TS (from Macs) We have RU6 and have had a support call to MS re this matter. A lot of tuning has been done with all the normal tweaks applied but still we are getting terrible freezes and disconnections. It seems to hit normal users more than admin level accounts but this may be because the normal users are making much heavier use of CRM.

I have just upgraded the TS hardware to 24 cores with 16GB RAM, it is MUCH faster but still has the freezing problem. We have a 100Mbs fibre connection with very low latency and are running out of options. It is so bad that we may have to go back to Salesforce before bringing on our worldwide offices with another 50 users.

Has anyone had any ideas about this please?

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 10:35 PM
  • Because it uses IE and because ie default only allows so many concurrent downloads at one time research internet on how to increase concurrent ie downloads. Did this for a 50 user shop solved our slow issues on 10mb internet line. So I know it works sorry don't have the links anymore to the research but I know it would not be a waist of time.
    Friday, August 16, 2013 5:16 PM