none
debugger error : unable to step, process not synchronized

Question

• Hello, when a developer of our organization tries to debug his code, he get the following error

"unable to step process not synchronized"

he works on a windows 10 machine with visual studio professional 2017.

any one a idea how to solve this? if any other data needed to help solving the problem, please ask. tx

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:11 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please install the latest update of VS2017, currently it's 15.6.6

And try to delete all of the breakpoints, and set the breakpoint to debug it again.

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 7:37 AM
  • Hi alexds9620,

Which kind of app did you debug? Do you get the error like "No source available" in your side? Could you run your app normally if just use "start without debugging(Ctrl+F5)"?

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:44 AM
  • the app works without debugging

user will try to install 6.6 version, to see if any solution

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 12:26 PM
  • If you get any latest information, feel free to let me know, but if just the specific app has this issue, if possible, share a simple sample using one drive, so I could debug it in my side.

Thanks,

Jack

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 2:03 PM
  • thanks for answer, but problem is just the debug itself

why does this alert/error comes?

i wil put more info if i feedback from our dev user

thanks already

Friday, April 20, 2018 12:36 PM
  • upgrade to the latest version solved the problem, thanks for your time guys

kind regards

alex

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 7:01 AM