Internet Explorer can not see the WHS Shared Folders RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to see my WHS in Vista Enterprise 32 bit Internet Explorer via the network node in the folder tree.  It shows in the right hand side as an 'Other Device', but it is not listed as a 'Computer' which is needed to map to see the Shared Folders on WHS.  I'm able to connect to WHS via the Connector software.  I'm able to see the shared folders on WHS if I use the desktop shortcut the Connector creates titled, 'Shared Folders on Server'.  I'm just unable to have Windows Explorer see the shares.

I've a second Vista Ultimate 32 bit on the same wired network which can open the Internet Explorer network node and see the WHS listed as a 'Computer' as well as 'Other Device'.  This second machine is able to access the WHS shared folders via Internet Explorer with no problem. 

At issue is that I've moved all my music over to the WHS and am unable to point my Zune player to the network drive because it doesn't recognize the server as a 'Computer', just like Windows Explorer does not.

Ideas or suggestions?

Thank you,
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 5:52 AM

All replies

• Hello,
    could be a name resolution problem or something else (like different sharing features enabled in the Network and Sharing Center on both client PCs).
    If you have verified, that those are identical (especially also regarding Media Sharing), please check on both machines the output of
    ipconfig /all
    Are there any differences besides the name and the IP address?
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 7:40 AM