Alternative for MS Money RRS feed

• Question

• As MS Money is no longer supported my Microsoft I'm looking for a good alternative. Untill now I didn't find any. Even Quicken is no alternative for me as it doesn't support automatic european stock quotes updates. Is there a personal finance en investement package on the market which can compete with MS Money.
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 9:11 AM

All replies

• In my opinion, NO. But it really comes down to what YOU want from a personal finance program. It also depends on YOUR knowledge and expertise of financial information. If you expect a finance program to do "all the thinking" for you besides doing all the calculations, you will probably not succeed in accomplishing what you want via ANY financial program. That is why these kind of programs, like Microsoft Money are most beneficial for people with an accounting background in my opinion. Steve
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:24 PM
  • I also think there is no good alternative.  I've looked at it quite a bit over the past few months with no success.  I would love to find something that would automatically update accounts like Money used to, but I have had no luck (and I know Quicken might do that, but I've tried Quicken once or twice through the years and did not like it at all).  There are some open source options out there, but I've tried a couple of those, and they just weren't as good as Money.  For now, I am just continuing to use Money and am manually downloading transactions about once a month--it's a huge pain, but so far, it's the best alternative I've found.
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 10:24 PM