Accidentally deleted new connector software RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I somehow deleted the newest connector software. How can I get this back as I can not connect to my home server now. Ugh..any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
    Ken
    Friday, March 13, 2009 9:47 PM

Answers

• If you mean that you uninstalled it from your home PC, then open up the URL http://server:55000 in a browser and follow instructions (replace "server" with the name of your server).

If you mean that you deleted the Home Server Connector Software folder from your server, please see this FAQ post.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, March 13, 2009 10:06 PM

All replies

• If you mean that you uninstalled it from your home PC, then open up the URL http://server:55000 in a browser and follow instructions (replace "server" with the name of your server).

If you mean that you deleted the Home Server Connector Software folder from your server, please see this FAQ post.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, March 13, 2009 10:06 PM
  • I accidentally overwrote the one .exe file with an older version. It was either the WHSConnector or the WHSConnectorInstall. Im not sure which one though. Those are the 2 I need back.
    Friday, March 13, 2009 10:18 PM
  • Ken in South Weymouth said:

I accidentally overwrote the one .exe file with an older version. It was either the WHSConnector or the WHSConnectorInstall. Im not sure which one though. Those are the 2 I need back.

If you did this on your Windows Home Server in the software share i.e.

\\<servername>\Software\Home Server Connector Software

Please see Ken's post. He provides you with an alternate location for those two files.

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Friday, March 13, 2009 10:22 PM