email template scenario? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I have a scenario where I have an email template with a default From email address (user).  I know the guid can be hard-coded in xml but this user has a different guid in different environments.

If I simply hard-code the default e-mail address in the From line on the email template then will the email address auto-resolve to display the user fullname when the email form loads?  I could test this but I don't have a CRM environment in front of me?
    Sunday, August 11, 2013 4:30 PM

All replies

• The From field cannot be set on the email template. But yes when the new email form is opened, the from can be pre-populated. Given the reason you state where the Guid of the person would differ between environments, it is always advisable to retrieve the Guid of the user with a simple retrievemultiple call by filtering using the user name.

The From is an entity reference array and you need to set the Guid, Entity Type and Name for it to show up correctly on the form.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Monday, August 12, 2013 3:35 AM
    Monday, August 12, 2013 3:35 AM