Need no Install Disks for XP PRO SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• Recently my Dell Lattitude crased Fatally and I have been unable to even get it to power up.  The Dell came with XP Pro SP1 preinstalled on it when I bought it.  I purchased an iMac a few weeks ago and soon realized it does not meet all my needs and want to run Windows XP on my iMac.  I own a Genuine copy of XP pro but the reinstall disks I have are for SP1 and to install on a partition of my drive on the iMac I need to have SP2 install disks.  Can I get a copy of the XP2 install disk by providing my licence number to Microsoft so i can install on the iMac using Boot Camp, I have tried several times unsuccessfully to install with the SP1 install disk but am unable to update to SP2 which is needed to complete the install process and get Windows to recognize any of the Mac Hardware. 

Please help!

Sunday, December 16, 2007 6:40 AM

Answers

• The Dell OEM Windows XP Reinstallation CD and license is only valid on the Dell computer it shipped with.  You cannot use this Dell OEM license with Apple's Boot Camp.

Sunday, December 16, 2007 5:26 PM

All replies

• The Dell OEM Windows XP Reinstallation CD and license is only valid on the Dell computer it shipped with.  You cannot use this Dell OEM license with Apple's Boot Camp.

Sunday, December 16, 2007 5:26 PM
  • Ok, I have the same problem, but with a genuine Win XP SP1 CD. How can I get/make the cd with XP SP2 that I need to use this installation on a mac instead of a PC?
    Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:10 PM