Using Marketing Lists for Sending Bulk E-mail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How do you send e-mails to contacts that are in a marketing list? what settings should be in place in order to email? i have tried everything but cannot seem to send emails to marketing lists. Please help!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 9:15 AM

Answers

• If you have system administrator rights, you should be able to change these settings.  If you cannot, I would open a support ticket to fix it--maybe something happened to the role.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 8:04 PM

All replies

• If you want to send an email to a marketing list, do a quick campaign.  A quick campaign is a one activity campaign that walks you through a simple wizard to compose an email or set up a phone call or create a task for all the people on the marketing list.

From the marketing list view, select the marketing list that you want to use and click the "create quick campaign" link at the top.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 11:36 AM
  • I have created a campaign but everytime i click on the "Distribute Campaign Activity" button i get the error message "Direct E-mail via Mail Merge is off. The activity cannot be distributed. Please contact your system administrator."

Every time i go to Settings --> "System Settings" --> "Marketing" tab -->"Enable Direct E-mail via Mail Merge" select "Yes" and save this.

If i go back to this setting it will go back to saying "No" instead. Is it something to do with my user role settings? although I have system administrator settings.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 11:56 AM
  • two things to look at:

1.  Do the contacts on the marketing list have direct email allowed in their administrative settings?
    2.  Do you have the router installed?  If you are on 4.0, you will either need to have the router or have your Outlook settings to have crm use outlook to send emails.
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 12:18 PM
  • 1. Yes they do have email allowed.

2. i am using crm 3.0. What do you mean by needing a router? in order to send emails i have to use the outlook client set up however it is due to the fact that my settings are not getting saved under the "Organisation Settings" which is causing this problem.

any suggestions?

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:39 PM
  •  

You say email is allowed.  Is Bulk e-mail allowed?

Sorry to confuse you about the router.  This is a difference between 3.0 and 4.0.  With 3.0, you just have to have the SMTP service turned on on the CRM server.  With 4.0, you need to install an additional component called the e-mail router, to be able to send email out of the web client.

Can other users send e-mails from the web client?

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:18 PM
  • Bulk e-mail is set up.

it is possible to email from the web client but not possible to send bulk emails due to the Organisation Settings not being ammended.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:59 PM
  • If you have system administrator rights, you should be able to change these settings.  If you cannot, I would open a support ticket to fix it--maybe something happened to the role.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 8:04 PM
  • If you create a quick campaign is that just really a function to send an e-mail on an already created CAMPAIGN?

I create the quick campaign and it did seem to start sending e-mails but the settings were very vanilla.
    Sorry for my ignorance

Thanks
    Marty
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 11:37 AM