none
Microsoft Partner Certification ISV RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Reading through the documentation - for Microsoft Gold Competency Revenue Guidelines - trying to find out what is meant by a "Solution Area Win"... Just trying to find out what this actually means...

Regards

Di

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:16 AM

Answers

• Page 10 of the Microsoft Gold Competency Revenue Guidelines-March 2012 says:

Solution area win:

Licensing revenue occurs because a partner has secured and successfully completed a new software development project involving Microsoft technologies which as a result has gained the partner new customer business. Solution area wins are only applicable toward the Gold ISV competency. Revenue is tracked in a partner sales tracking tool called “Partner Sales Exchange” (PSX) and access will be provided to partners for entering deal information.

Scenario: An Independent Software Vendor (ISV) partner sells a packaged software solution that incorporates Microsoft technology.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 3:09 PM

All replies

• Would you mind providing the link the documentation?
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:57 AM
  • <cite>https://partner.microsoft.com/download/taiwan/40149294 will let you download the document, titled:</cite>

Microsoft-Gold-Competency-Revenue-Guidelines-March-2012.pdf

Look on page 7, in the table under ISV. The minimum revenue commitment by competency requirement for ISV in any group (A, B, or C) is 12 Solution area wins.

Most revenue committments are in dollars. ISV is one of the exceptions.

I, too, am trying to find out what a "Solution area win" is. By the way, there is nothing special about the "Taiwan" part in the link I provided. The same document is available from within the Microsoft Partner Network portal, but I couldn't find an easy link to it there. If you are able to log into the partner network, then try this link and look under the Requirements Overview in the Revenue row.

Friday, July 27, 2012 5:23 PM
  • Hi,

this question was marked as solved about a year ago. I think the OP has already found an answer to his question.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Friday, July 27, 2012 9:39 PM
    Answerer
  • Doesn't look solved to me. I see a request for a link to the documentation, but no answer as to what a "Solution area win" is.

Gold ISV competency requires 12 Solution area wins, according to the Microsoft document. I've been searching for what that means, without success. In any case, should I start a new thread? This one seemed appropriate.

Friday, July 27, 2012 10:56 PM
  • Yes, you're right. It is not solved, but like I said before the op would have done a new post in the last year if the problem wasn't solved.

If you have a question it would be better to start a new thread instead of cross-posting. It shows other community members that someone has a question (and most people would not look at a resolved thread).

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Saturday, July 28, 2012 2:12 AM
    Answerer
  • Page 10 of the Microsoft Gold Competency Revenue Guidelines-March 2012 says:

Solution area win:

Licensing revenue occurs because a partner has secured and successfully completed a new software development project involving Microsoft technologies which as a result has gained the partner new customer business. Solution area wins are only applicable toward the Gold ISV competency. Revenue is tracked in a partner sales tracking tool called “Partner Sales Exchange” (PSX) and access will be provided to partners for entering deal information.

Scenario: An Independent Software Vendor (ISV) partner sells a packaged software solution that incorporates Microsoft technology.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 3:09 PM
  • Note: Important news for partners with the Software Development, Web Development, or ISV competency: in November, these three competencies will be merged to form the new Application Development competency. Download the Application Development competency guide to learn more.

I guess this means the Revenue Guidelines will be changing :-)

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:36 AM