none
Windows 10 Anniversary Update causing problems with Remote Desktop and Home Server 2011 Connector Dashboard

Question

• Ever since I installed the Anniversary Update I cannot use Remote Desktop. When I click on "Connect with Remote Desktop Connection" absolutely nothing happens. I can not see any action in the task manager other than a short "blip" on the Ethernet Connection Throughput graph under the Performance Tab. Remote Desktop continues to work on Windows 10 computers that have not been updated.

With the Home Server 2011 I have no problem with the Launchpad logging in but if I try to activate the Dashboard it will continue to attempt loading for several minutes and then just go away. It does show up on the Task Bar and in the Task Manager Apps window using about 17% of the CPU until it disappears. However there is no noticeable activity on the Ethernet Connection Throughput graph.

Both of these problems continue to be a problem. I have reset the entire system and reloaded all my software in hopes that the problems would be resolved but to no avail.

Please give me any help you can in either or both of these issues. Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

John

Sunday, August 14, 2016 6:47 PM

Answers