Problem Installing Connector Software on Vista 64 Ultimate & XP Pro RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install this on Vista 64 Ultimate (SP1)  and XP Pro SP3 . But it keeps telling me:

"A maximum of 10 computers have already been added. Use the Windows home Server console to  remove a computer that is no longer being used and then try again"

The console does show only one computer, my first Vista Box. And to get that added I had to delete my XP Laptop which I used to get the basic MediaSmart server up and going in the first place.

Anyone run across this and find a fix/workaround?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 3:52 PM

Answers

•  Powie360 wrote:
    I am trying to install this on Vista 64 Ultimate (SP1)  and XP Pro SP3 . But it keeps telling me:

"A maximum of 10 computers have already been added. Use the Windows home Server console to  remove a computer that is no longer being used and then try again"

The console does show only one computer, my first Vista Box. And to get that added I had to delete my XP Laptop which I used to get the basic MediaSmart server up and going in the first place.

My suggestion would be to file a bug report on Connect.

Did you install the PP1 upgrade on top of RTM?  Or is this a clean install of WHS with PP1 integrated?

Sunday, June 22, 2008 5:05 PM
  •  Powie360 wrote:
    I will file a bug report if no one answers here.

Yes I installed this on top of an already running server, the server is basically only a few days old, and the PP1 update was installed the first day it was up.

You will probably need to do a Server Reinstallation.  (But I would file the bug on Connect before you do it.)

Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:40 PM

All replies

•  Powie360 wrote:
    I am trying to install this on Vista 64 Ultimate (SP1)  and XP Pro SP3 . But it keeps telling me:

Did you install the PP1 upgrade on top of RTM?  Or is this a clean install of WHS with PP1 integrated?

Sunday, June 22, 2008 5:05 PM
  •  kariya21 wrote:

Yes I installed this on top of an already running server, the server is basically only a few days old, and the PP1 update was installed the first day it was up.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:17 PM
  •  Powie360 wrote:

You will probably need to do a Server Reinstallation.  (But I would file the bug on Connect before you do it.)

Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:40 PM