none
Cannot publish posts in my msdn blog RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a question regarding msdn blog. I didn't find any better forum/support to ask - please let me know if I should turn elsewhere.

I have my msdn blog https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/jankrivanek where I post from time to time.

However recently when I tried to create blog post I didn't have option to 'Publish' to post, only 'Submit for Review'. Such a post shows as 'Pending' in my msdn blog managemenet portal; however I have no option to publish it myself.

Where and how can I again ask for publish right?

Thanks

Jan

Monday, April 23, 2018 8:16 AM

Answers

• Jan,

It looks like you were a Microsoft employee in the past. Your last blog post was in December, 2013. At present your profile indicates you are a partner. As Dave noted, only Microsoft employees can post blogs, except in a few cases where others are invited to blog by Microsoft employees.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

• Marked as answer by Jan Krivanek Monday, April 23, 2018 2:03 PM
    Monday, April 23, 2018 1:28 PM

All replies

• As far as I know only Microsoft employees can create MSDN blogs but as an end user you can create a TechNet Wiki

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/145.wiki-how-to-contribute-content-to-technet-wiki.aspx

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, April 23, 2018 12:41 PM
  • Jan,

It looks like you were a Microsoft employee in the past. Your last blog post was in December, 2013. At present your profile indicates you are a partner. As Dave noted, only Microsoft employees can post blogs, except in a few cases where others are invited to blog by Microsoft employees.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

• Marked as answer by Jan Krivanek Monday, April 23, 2018 2:03 PM
    Monday, April 23, 2018 1:28 PM
  • Thank you guys!

I was able to publish new posts, answer and moderate questions even quite some time after leaving (I guess till moving to wordpress).

What confused me was that I was still able to fully create and review new post, till the point where I found myslef not able to publish it. A bit frustrating.

I'll try to contact some old contacts to see if posting to msdn is helpful or if I should migrate elsewhere.  

Regards
    Jan

Monday, April 23, 2018 2:03 PM