Very, very slow intranet speeds RRS feed

• Question

• I've seen other posts about this problem. None of these fixes have helped me. I've disabled TCPIP autotuning, RDC, IPv6, etc. I have 4 computers and an Xbox all mapped to a ReadyNAS NV+. All of the machines run XP Pro except for one machine I just upgraded (totally clean build) to RC1 build #7100. I have run all of the updates. I use this machine exclusively for media so this is a very significant problem in that even small audio files won't play back.

I've also tried running with about AV, rolling back the network adapter driver, updating the network adapter driver, etc. Nothing has made a difference.

My set up is a Mac Mini, bootcamped, with a brand new disc, clean install of Win7. The machine has 2GB of RAM. I also don't and can't connect with a LAN cable and only use wireless. This shouldn't make any differnce though as I used the exact same set up with XP and had no problem playing VOB files across the network. The network is a GigE Netgear swithc and Ruckus media router. Note that internet download speeds are really fast, this seems limited to Intranet.

I've run out of ideas and the news groups all seem to have the same solutions. Judging from the posts I'm clearly not the only one suffering from this problem.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 12:02 AM

Answers

• I've seen other posts about this problem. None of these fixes have helped me. I've disabled TCPIP autotuning, RDC, IPv6, etc. I have 4 computers and an Xbox all mapped to a ReadyNAS NV+. All of the machines run XP Pro except for one machine I just upgraded (totally clean build) to RC1 build #7100. I have run all of the updates. I use this machine exclusively for media so this is a very significant problem in that even small audio files won't play back.

I've also tried running with about AV, rolling back the network adapter driver, updating the network adapter driver, etc. Nothing has made a difference.

My set up is a Mac Mini, bootcamped, with a brand new disc, clean install of Win7. The machine has 2GB of RAM. I also don't and can't connect with a LAN cable and only use wireless. This shouldn't make any differnce though as I used the exact same set up with XP and had no problem playing VOB files across the network. The network is a GigE Netgear swithc and Ruckus media router. Note that internet download speeds are really fast, this seems limited to Intranet.

I've run out of ideas and the news groups all seem to have the same solutions. Judging from the posts I'm clearly not the only one suffering from this problem.

This forum is for Windows Home Server and since you never mention it, I assume you don't have one.  (If I'm wrong, please clarify.)  Otherwise, you should post your question in the Win7 forums (although, keep in mind you are using the RC version of 7, not the RTM).
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 1:54 AM

All replies

This forum is for Windows Home Server and since you never mention it, I assume you don't have one.  (If I'm wrong, please clarify.)  Otherwise, you should post your question in the Win7 forums (although, keep in mind you are using the RC version of 7, not the RTM).
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 1:54 AM
  • I'm not using WHS, correct. I'll repost on the Win7 board (if I can find it). What is the build number for RTM? The download page I went to today still had 7100.

Thx.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 3:02 AM
  • No big deal but worth mentioning - the networking problems I'm experiencing aren't a WHS issue, at least not judging from the huge number of other people suffering from the same problem.

Also, I've looked again and all forums seem to go back to Vista. Yuck.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 3:15 AM
  • I'm not using WHS, correct. I'll repost on the Win7 board (if I can find it). What is the build number for RTM? The download page I went to today still had 7100.

Thx.

I made the 7 in my last post a link, but I guess it's kind of hard to see since it's a single character. :)  FYI, the RTM build is 7600.16385, but obviously it's not out yet.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 3:16 AM