family pack installed and active, then update, now I have a illegal copy of windows RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have all of the ID's numbers of the active family pack instead of the key, you type in the key and then it gives you a ID #, I tried to use those and they are all not valide or will not even be allowed to be keyed in, this all happened after 2 months of install and after a update last week,

I bought the pack from newegg, which I see there is some reports that they maybe fake, yet when I contacted newegg they asure me they are not but I have to deal with MS to get this cleared up, which I can't get a person to talk to or they hang up on me or I am disconnected, what gives,

Any help please, Poppa Rob

Saturday, April 16, 2011 6:56 PM

Answers

• "popparob" wrote in message news:e53171d5-0bab-4923-a7cd-ea22b7a925bd...

Hi all,

I have all of the ID's numbers of the active family pack instead of the key, you type in the key and then it gives you a ID #, I tried to use those and they are all not valide or will not even be allowed to be keyed in, this all happened after 2 months of install and after a update last week,

I bought the pack from newegg, which I see there is some reports that they maybe fake, yet when I contacted newegg they asure me they are not but I have to deal with MS to get this cleared up, which I can't get a person to talk to or they hang up on me or I am disconnected, what gives,

Please provide an MGADiag report from one (at least ) of the affected machines.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:40 PM
    Saturday, April 16, 2011 7:43 PM

All replies

• "popparob" wrote in message news:e53171d5-0bab-4923-a7cd-ea22b7a925bd...

Hi all,

Please provide an MGADiag report from one (at least ) of the affected machines.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:40 PM
    Saturday, April 16, 2011 7:43 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:39 PM