Stolen Laptop RRS feed

• Question

• My latop was stolen. Is there a way to check the IP from the last update or any communication with MS OneCare?

TIA
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 7:35 PM

Answers

•  

I'm sorry to read about the theft and hope that you are successful in getting the PC returned to you and the thief apprehended.

The local law enforcement agency with an active case can contact Microsoft and request this information officially. Law enforcement has a special number to call (I do not know this number) and they will need to take care of the legal paperwork to make the request. They will need to know your subscription information, PC name, and other information related to the account and that PC.

-steve

Thursday, November 6, 2008 8:12 PM

All replies

•  

I'm sorry to read about the theft and hope that you are successful in getting the PC returned to you and the thief apprehended.

The local law enforcement agency with an active case can contact Microsoft and request this information officially. Law enforcement has a special number to call (I do not know this number) and they will need to take care of the legal paperwork to make the request. They will need to know your subscription information, PC name, and other information related to the account and that PC.

-steve

Thursday, November 6, 2008 8:12 PM
  • How do I remove it from my OneCare circle?

TIA
    Wednesday, November 12, 2008 6:23 PM
  • Open OneCare on any other PC where OneCare is activated with your subscription LiveID.

Click on "Your OneCare Circle" on the left and then click on the option to make your PC a hub. After signing in with your subscription LiveID, you will see all of the subscribed PCs. Click on the link - remove this PC - under the PC you wish to remove from the subscription and it will then become unsubscribed the next time it connects.

-steve

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 7:25 PM