none
Posting to wordpress - only shows HTML?

Question

• i am trying to post an entry from LW to my hosted wordpress blog - and it's sending unformatted text - only the straight HTML

ptesting/p pimg style=”border-bottom: 0px; border-left: 0px; display: block; float: none; margin-left: auto; border-top: 0px; margin-right: auto; border-right: 0px” title=”IMG_6620_littlecamera” border=”0″ alt=”IMG_6620_littlecamera” src=”http://www.samanthabrandtphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/IMG_6620_littlecamera.jpg” width=”378″ height=”253″ //p

i've tried from two different computers and with two of my blogs and i get the same result.

anyone seen this before - and know how to fix it? thanks!!!
    Friday, February 26, 2010 4:00 PM

All replies

• Have you looked to see if you using any <code></code> tags in the post HTML?

If any of the page is working, but just not part of it - this might be the case.

Just trying to help...

Later,
    Larry
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 12:46 AM
  • I am having exactly the same problem and it has just started in the last couple of weeks!  Exactly the same.
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 10:58 PM
  • I'm having the same problem. Started right after I upgraded to 2.9.2. I saw something online that said the cause had something to do with a LibXML2 file not working correctly with PHP. Haven't seen any kind of fix though.
    Just a Network Administrator in a Developers World
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 5:07 AM
  • I think this is related to a recent upgrade PHP upgrade by your webhost. Can someone please let me know which version of PHP you're running?

You can figure out what version of PHP you're running by pasting the following code into a file named "version.php":

<?php phpinfo() ?>

Then put that file on your website and access it via a URL (e.g. http://www.mywebsite.com/version.php) and you'll see your version number.
    Windows Live Writer Developer
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 4:55 PM
  • Running the following file versions:

PHP - 5.2.12
    LibXML2 - 2.6.26

I contacted my webhost last night and they said they are in the process of upgrading the LibXML2 file. They didn't say anything about upgrading the PHP version.

Thanks!
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 9:37 PM
  • User on the Bluehost forums posted a work around that does work. Copy and paste and link to thread follow:

Intially I tried the Wordpress Plugin LibXML2 Fix, but it did not work.

To get it to work, I had to edit the plugin itself.To do this I had to modify the file libxml2-fix/libxml2-fix.php

Here is what I did:

I changed The first Line of the IF Statement

LIBXML_DOTTED_VERSION == '2.6.27'

To:

LIBXML_DOTTED_VERSION == '2.6.26'

I am assuming this first line needs to point to the current version of the library file bluehost is using. Per jsimcox this is 2.6.26

I tried this on a rolled back version of Wordpress, 2.7 and also in 2.9.2 and I was able to see my posts submitted from Window live writer correctly each time.

http://www.bluehostforums.com/showthread.php?t=19838&page=2

Thanks to the individual that posted the fix and those that helped here!
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 2:10 AM
  • I also use Bluehost and tried it again tonight before reading your posts.  It was working again without me doing anything on my side.

I also am using 2.9.2.  And, I might add that the same problem happened with other publishers I tried to see if it was WLW related.  All went south and all returned together.

I am now using my WLW again!
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:38 AM