Configuring email router to work through firewall RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

we're hosting Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and trying to plan the configuration of email router on one of the customers' sites to communicate with their email system. The challenge is that it's a government organisation and external access to their email system is disabled. As a result, we are forced to install router on one of the internal computers.

Challenge is they are using proxy server with basic authentication and users are forced to change their passwords every 90 days or so. The proxy is not integrated with the AD and uses completely unrelated user names and passwords.

Does email router support this type of proxy when accessing hosted CRM? If yes then how I configure it? I could not see anything in configuration but, perhaps, I’m missing some undocumented setting?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Regards
    George

George Doubinski, MVP http://crm.georged.id.au
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:47 AM

All replies

• Hi George,

I do not believe the email router supports any special type of proxy server.  Are you using the email router for outbound?  If so, one alternative is to relay from your mail servers or see if the government institution can allow relay from your ip.  Alternatively you could install the email router local in their location which would then access your hosted crm via ifd.

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:24 PM
  • Alex,

primary objective is to support queues so needs to be in/outbound. Since there is no way to access mailboxes from the outside, router must be installed on premises. When installed locally, talking to the mail server is not an issue, it's "access your hosted crm via ifd" which is a problem due to the authenticating proxy server.

Thanks

George

George Doubinski, MVP http://crm.georged.id.au
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:05 PM