Sending Meeting invitation straight to the Live Meeting client RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

Our shop is considering deploying OCS into our environment (on-premise server).  Our first usage of this product will be for sharing apps, specifically Power point presentations to a group of users' laptops, all at the same time. 

Our biggest issue(s):
    1)  We can not use email to send out the meeting invites.
    2)  We also can not use Communicator (IM) to send out the meeting invite. 
    (This environment is considered "restrictive" so therefore we can not have these two types of communication channels.  Clients will all be on our corp LAN, and no outside access).

My question: Is it possible to send out a meeting invitation (ad hoc) to multiple users, all at the same time, directly to their Live Meeting client?  Or is it possible to publish the meeting sip uri somewhere where Live Meeting client can get to (grab) without the use of email and/or IM?  If so, how??

Thanks everyone in advance!
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 5:03 PM

All replies

• I'm not aware of any way to target the LM client directly.

You could definitely hand out the Meeting ID, Entry Code and location information manually, but that would be a poor experience for the users to have to type it in manually.

Are you allowed to take the URI and post it on a webpage where users can click it?

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 7:14 PM
  • Tom, thanks for the reply.

Agreed, manual entry would be a poor experience.  Also, unfortunately, the laptops' IE is also disabled in this environment (for the webpage). 

I was hoping, when a presenter starts a meeting in LM, the meeting's URI gets published and would then populate the audience's LM client Meeting Location (LM location drop down box).  That way each user would just select the location and connect.

I dont get why the LM caches older/past meeting URIs in the drop down box...I mean, if we could start a past meeting and have the audience connect to that same past meeting (listed in the drop down box), that could meet our needs too.  In other words, keep restarting the same meeting and connecting to same URI.  Is there a way of doing this?  Restart a past meeting?  Everytime we start a meeting a new URI is created...

What if some corp wants to have multiple live "meetings" going on and allow the audience to choose which meeting to view by selecting different locations (kinda like choosing tv channels).  Shouldn't the OC server be able to publish (or push) all meeting locations to all its connected(authenticated) LM clients??

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 8:43 PM

• Are you allowed to take the URI and post it on a webpage where users can click it?

Hey Tom

would you have any suggestions on how this could be implemented?
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 7:02 PM