Import Contacts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have just been receiving an error message using the ImportContact tool that comes with the OCS resource kit. I managed to work out the problem, but thought I would post my findings in case anyone else is caught out the same way I was.

I installed the resource kit tools on a workstation and thought I'd send the importcontact subfolder to a colleague so they could try out the tool. When they tried to run importcontact.exe they received an application initialization error. We found that this was because the VC++ 2005 SP1 redistributable had not been installed on his workstation. So, it is possible to copy the .exe and associated .dll file from the importcontact subfolder, but the user will need to have the VC++ 2005 SP1 redistributable as well.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647

Whilst in the documentation (and who reads that anyway), when prompted for the username/password, this is your MSN messenger account (probably a hotmail address).

Rgds,

Morris

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 12:12 AM

All replies

• what is the proper .dll file to copy along with importcontact.exe file?

Friday, February 1, 2008 5:20 PM