Relationship between marketing list and contacts are not established successfully RRS feed

• Question

• I want to create a marketing list of contacts. I used CreateRequest to create a marketing list. And AddListMembersListRequest is used to import a list of existing contacts to the marketing list. 

Result: contacts are added to the marketing list successfully. But on the contact information, there is an "event attended" which is using the "listcontact_associate" relationship, to represent the bunch of marketing lists the contact belong to. However, this "event attended" item doesn't have this marketing list. 

More follow up: if I add a contact to the marketing list, still have the same problem. If stay on the page of contact information, try to add the marketing list to the contact's "event attended" item, I cannot find the marketing list in the search list. 

But if I use the web page to create a marketing list(not using code), all these problems are gone. 

So I wonder what is wrong when I create the marketing list:

List marketingList = new List();
                marketingList.ListName = marketingListName;
                marketingList.CreatedFromCode = new OptionSetValue(2);
                marketingList.MemberType = 2;            
                Guid marketingListId = _serviceProxy.Create(marketingList as Entity);

Thanks so much!!

• Edited by RavenY Tuesday, August 18, 2015 8:03 AM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 8:01 AM