Can't move Client Computer Backups off C: drive. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running WS2012E R2 and trying to move the Client Computer Backups folder from C:\ServerFolders\ to F:\ServerFolders which is on a 2TB software RAID in a Dell T320. I get "The Windows Server Essentials Computer Backup Service cannot be stopped."  I go to Services and stop the Windows Server Essentials Computer Backup Service (WseComputerBackupSvc) ad try again with the same result.  Any clues?
    Tuesday, November 17, 2015 5:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that Client Computer Backups folder can’t be moved to other disk with error "The Windows Server Essentials Computer Backup Service cannot be stopped".

Change the Startup type of Windows Server Essentials Computer Backup Service to Automatically, and, manually restart the service. 

Open the Dashboard on WHS, click the Server Folder and Hard Drives tab - Server Folders. Select the folder that you want to move. Then, click Move the folder in the Tasks pane, and follow the instructions to complete the wizard.

If the problem persists, check Event Viewer and confirm that if any related event has been logged when failed to move the server folder.  

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 8:58 AM