Conflict with the 2 Microsoft Windows firewalls just started today RRS feed

• Question

• Have had my Vista Live OneCare telling me that firewall was 'on' but was attempting to turn it on 

again', unsuccessfully.  Thereby giving my OneCare a condition 'red'.  This started today, Feb 4th, 2008.

Did uninstall my OneCare and now all attempts to reload are unsuccessful.  Also, the firewall repair tool will not complete because my HP dv2000 (new 2007) laptop is now telling me I have no 'administrative' powers any longer.  What the heck?

Note:  The Cleanup Onecare tool has been run
    Tuesday, February 5, 2008 5:26 AM

Answers

•  Bill Hamilton wrote:

Have had my Vista Live OneCare telling me that firewall was 'on' but was attempting to turn it on 

again', unsuccessfully.  Thereby giving my OneCare a condition 'red'.  This started today, Feb 4th, 2008.

Did uninstall my OneCare and now all attempts to reload are unsuccessful.  Also, the firewall repair tool will not complete because my HP dv2000 (new 2007) laptop is now telling me I have no 'administrative' powers any longer.  What the heck?

Bill, I'm confused about the condition and the error. I suspect that you mean that the OneCare firewall could not be turned on after the update. To run the firewall repair tool, save it to your desktop and then right click the file and select "run as administrator."

If this fails, please contact support -

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 7:29 PM

All replies

•  

conflict with the 2 Microsoft Windows firewalls just stated today
    Tuesday, February 5, 2008 8:09 AM
  •  Bill Hamilton wrote:

Have had my Vista Live OneCare telling me that firewall was 'on' but was attempting to turn it on 

Bill, I'm confused about the condition and the error. I suspect that you mean that the OneCare firewall could not be turned on after the update. To run the firewall repair tool, save it to your desktop and then right click the file and select "run as administrator."

If this fails, please contact support -

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 7:29 PM
  •  diesel-pham89 wrote:

conflict with the 2 Microsoft Windows firewalls just stated today

I'm not clear on what you mean. Is the Windows Firewall on and the OneCare firewall reporting a conflict or is the OneCare firewall unable to start?

You may want to contact support - 

-steve

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 7:30 PM