Attach Sales Literature ("You can select only 1 row.") RRS feed

• Question

• Within CRM for Outlook, when sending out an email, there is the option to "Attach Sales Literature". Some users have asked if it would be possible to select more than 1 document at a time.

Currently, in the "Sales Literature Lookup View", only one row can be selected. If I try to select multiple rows, I get the follwoing popup:

"You can select only 1 row"

Is there any workaround for this, so users can select multiple pieces of sales literature at a time?

Trying to select more than 1 piece of sales literature

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You get that alert because the Lookup dialog is opened with single choice attribute. If you want to choose multiple record you need to change dialog attribute to multiple.

The problem is we have unsupported code to do it in CRM using javascript. But your environment is Outlook with Ribbon button, I don't see that button available in corresponding CRM form either (If yes, we can change the Ribbon Diff xml in CRM to see the effect).

So unless you find a way to inject javascript in Outlook, then there's no way to change that behavior.

Hope it helps.

• Edited by Linh Giang Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by APWIP Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:07 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You get that alert because the Lookup dialog is opened with single choice attribute. If you want to choose multiple record you need to change dialog attribute to multiple.

The problem is we have unsupported code to do it in CRM using javascript. But your environment is Outlook with Ribbon button, I don't see that button available in corresponding CRM form either (If yes, we can change the Ribbon Diff xml in CRM to see the effect).

So unless you find a way to inject javascript in Outlook, then there's no way to change that behavior.

Hope it helps.

• Edited by Linh Giang Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by APWIP Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:07 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:09 AM
  • I appreciate the detailed answer. We have both Outlook and web client users, so that will not work then with JavaScript code.

Thank you.

Regards,

Chris

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:09 PM