none
Practice Exams Available by MCSE Track RRS feed

• General discussion

• With the recent Microsoft Certification Challenge announcement, I noticed that MS learning is endorsing MeasureUp and Transcender in their certification check lists as practice test providers. Additionally, there was a comment from MSL Anti-Piracy PM that SelfTest and MeasureUp are the only companies MS has a formal relationship with. Combining these recommendations, I came up with some more tables. (No HTML this time)

Practice Exams Available by MCSE Track

MCSE by Practice Test Weight

The last line here is interesting, as MeasureUp seems to be offering more practice exams than anyone. This is expect considering their relationship, but I feel that by publishing the core three exams, all these numbers are a bit off. additionally, none of these companies published the revision dates of their exams. I suspect these are all 2012, and not R2 yet.

The obvious joke here is that only MeasureUp achieve a 700, and barely passed by MS standards ;).

• Edited by jasonvelocity Monday, February 10, 2014 7:37 PM speeling.
    • Split by vsopher Tuesday, February 11, 2014 12:23 AM separate topic
    Monday, February 10, 2014 4:41 PM

All replies

• @Jason - Fantastic lists. Thanks for taking the time to assemble the info.

Do you mind if I split the practice exam list into a separate sticky post?

Veronica Sopher, Community Manager, Microsoft Learning

Monday, February 10, 2014 6:51 PM
  • No, that is fine by me. I considered a second discussion post, but didn't want to risk upsetting anyone.
    Monday, February 10, 2014 7:35 PM
  • Good list. The 70-414 exam was a kicker for me - I just couldn't find any real practice tests for me and ended up with my lowest score of the five MCSE: Server Infrastructure exams, but I at least made it through. The core MCSA exams seemed to have a good amount of content on BornToLearn although I didn't find the MeasureUp tests really prepared me for the exams, but on to the 70-413 and 70-414 exams it really came down to matching up the exam objectives with as many TechNet articles as I could find and the awesome CBT Nugget videos. Just not a lot of real content, and I'm imagine with the R2 content hitting the exams in a couple of months it will be a good while yet before any will come. Good luck to all!
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 3:14 AM
  • Hi, testers!

I want to remind everyone that Kaplan SelfTest Software (STS) and Kaplan Transcender use the same pool of practice exam questions for both brands of products. Originally these were two separate companies but were absorbed by Kaplan.

Jason's helpful list and stats should have identical Yes/No answers for these two companies. Perhaps the columns could be combined.

Jason - please update your list and finals stats to remove 70-342 (set to No) for Transcender.

Why are STS exams generally cheaper than Transcender if they are the same questions? Simply put, STS exams include a lesser number of practice questions than Transcender exams.

Good luck to all!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:11 PM
    Answerer
  • I had the same experience with the 70-414. I felt aside from the excellent CBT Nugget videos that there was a distinct lack of training materials. The required information is in the TechNet articles of course but I find that they really are a laborious dry read when studying. Great when looking for a specific piece of information but not for studying.

If I didn't have a newborn baby occupying my evenings and weekends at the moment I might well put together a training guide for it.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:40 AM