Error "A non valid page number was received" when adding new organization RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to create new organization in Deployment Manager fails with an error "Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.PopulateDependencyNodesAction. A non valid page number was received: 0"

# CRM Tracing Version 2.0
    # LocalTime: 2012-05-07 11:00:52.410
    # Categories: *:Error
    # CallStackOn: No
    # ComputerName: CRM
    # CRMVersion: 5.0.9690.2165
    # DeploymentType: OnPremise
    # ScaleGroup: 
    # ServerRole: AppServer, AsyncService, DiscoveryService, ApiServer, HelpServer, DeploymentService, SandboxServer, DeploymentManagementTools

[2012-05-07 11:00:52.410] Process:  mmc |Organization:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Thread:   12(Async/Worker-thread.) |Category: Exception |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Level: Error | CrmException..ctor
    	at CrmException..ctor(String message, Exception innerException, Int32 errorCode, Boolean isFlowControlException)
    	at CrmException..ctor(String message, Int32 errorCode)
    	at PagingHelper.AddPagingFilters(EntityExpression entityExpression)
    	at BusinessProcessObject.DoRetrieveMultiple(BusinessEntityCollection entities, EntityExpression entityExp, DatabaseQueryTarget queryTarget, ExecutionContext context)
    	at BusinessProcessObject.RetrieveMultiple(EntityExpression entityExpression, DatabaseQueryTarget queryTarget, ExecutionContext context)
    	at DependencyNodeService.CreateDataNodes(Int32 componentType, ExecutionContext context)
    	at DependencyNodeService.CreateAllDependencyNodes(ExecutionContext context)
    	at PopulateDependencyNodesAction.Do(IDictionary parameters)
    	at CrmAction.ExecuteAction(CrmAction action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
    	at Installer.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
    	at OrganizationOperation.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
    	at OrganizationCreator.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
    	at OrganizationOperation.Execute()
    	at OrganizationCreator.Execute()
    	at CreateOrganizationInstaller.Create(ICreateOrganizationInfo organizationInfo)
    	at CreateOrganizationInstaller.Execute(Object obj)
    	at ProgressController.ExecuteHandler()
    	at StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    	at StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    	at StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)
    	at ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
    	at QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    	at ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
    	at _ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
    >Crm Exception: Message: A non valid page number was received: 0, ErrorCode: -2147220989

any ideas?

Monday, May 7, 2012 9:11 AM

Answers

• I had a customer ping me about this issue this week as well and they worked with our Microsoft CRM support team to figure out the issue and a workaround for now while we fix the issue in a future Update Rollup.

Here is part of his reply to me on the workaround: “Apparently the problem lies within the registry entries in this KB 911510. We didn’t have the MaxRowsPerPage entry, but we did have the TurnOffFetchThrottling entry and it was set to 1. I set it to 0 and was able to successfully create the Organization.”

Hopefully this works for you guys as well while we work on a permanent fix.

Thanks!

Shawn Dieken

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Premier Field Engineer

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crminthefield

Friday, May 18, 2012 12:42 AM

All replies

• I would suggest you apply UR8 and update your CRM to 5.0.9690.2243 and
    try again. You can find the download here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29692

Monday, May 7, 2012 9:28 AM
  • I recently applied UR8 and i received the same error as toLL_net when I tried creating a new Organization today.  
    Wednesday, May 9, 2012 6:50 PM
  • I had a customer ping me about this issue this week as well and they worked with our Microsoft CRM support team to figure out the issue and a workaround for now while we fix the issue in a future Update Rollup.

Here is part of his reply to me on the workaround: “Apparently the problem lies within the registry entries in this KB 911510. We didn’t have the MaxRowsPerPage entry, but we did have the TurnOffFetchThrottling entry and it was set to 1. I set it to 0 and was able to successfully create the Organization.”

Hopefully this works for you guys as well while we work on a permanent fix.

Thanks!

Shawn Dieken

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Premier Field Engineer

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crminthefield

Friday, May 18, 2012 12:42 AM
  • It works! I had TurnOffFetchTrhottling set to 1. I set it to 0 and could succesfully create new organization.

Thanks!

Friday, May 18, 2012 6:57 AM
  • Hi Shawn,

So is it no longer possible to return more than 5,000 records after UR10 for any call made through the SDK (TurnOffFetchThrottling=1)? Is there another way to get more than 5,000 records at a time?

Thanks

Thursday, May 30, 2013 7:45 PM