VoIP Gateway Problem? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to call from communicator to a phone using the Audiocodes gateway. I have configured the OCS as stated in the OCS VoIP guide. I find that though the phone number can be dialed from communicator, there is a busy tone. So the call does not go through.

If anyone else has debugged this problem, please help.

Thank you.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:08 PM

Answers

• Exchange comes up with a self signed cert.  There are 2 ways around this, one is to import the Exchange server's cert into your trusted root, or get a cert from a trusted CA to sign the Exchange server's cert.  Note that if you do change the cert on the Exchange server, you must go into the command shell and assign the new cert to the exchange roles.
    Friday, July 20, 2007 6:48 PM
  •  

From the 'Ad-Hoc' tab on Route Helper, try typing the phone number you are trying to call, select the location profile that is the default for your setup, and the policy you have assigned to  your user.  Click the 'Test' button.

If you don't see a route being selected, you have a configuration problem.

You might try exporting your configuration from Route Helper.  You can export the location profile and routes a CSV files and paste them to the forum.

Thursday, August 2, 2007 11:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It appears that when I use the Enterprise Voice option Property for each user in mmc -32 dsa.msc... I get this problem. If I just proceed with computer to computer calls, then no problem exists.

However, I would like to call from a telephone to the VoIP client through the gateway instaed of just having this communicator session.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 7:04 PM
  • I think I have finally got to the bottom of the problem using the Enterprise Voice Router Helper. The actual phone usage and actual route are blank even after I have a phone usage and 2 routes (1 for each client). Please help.

Thanks.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:10 PM
  • Hi,

I have more information to add. In the OCS Event Logs (from the event viewer not the OCS console) I find:

Type: Error

Source: OCS Protocol Stack

Event ID: 14501

A significant number of invalid certificates have been provided by the remote IP address <ip> when attempting to establish an MTLS peer. There were 30 such failures in the last 60 minutes. Certificate Names associated with this peer were aksh-e2k7.

The serial number of this certificate is: ...

The issuer of this certificate is : ExchangeServer

Whats unique about this error is that I never configured the excahnge server to act as a certificate authority.

The second error is:

Source: OCS Inbound Routing

Event ID: 45024

Missed Call Notifications could not be sent.

An attempt with the exchange UM server for missed call notification falied.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Friday, July 20, 2007 3:01 PM
  • Exchange comes up with a self signed cert.  There are 2 ways around this, one is to import the Exchange server's cert into your trusted root, or get a cert from a trusted CA to sign the Exchange server's cert.  Note that if you do change the cert on the Exchange server, you must go into the command shell and assign the new cert to the exchange roles.
    Friday, July 20, 2007 6:48 PM
  • Hi,

I'm quite new to exchange. How do I assign a cert to the different exchange roles through the exchange shell?

Thanks.

Friday, July 20, 2007 9:34 PM
  • I think we may be digressing from my original issue. I am not able to call from communicator to a phone through a VoIP gateway from Audio codes. I have followed the procedures mentioned in the guides; but obviously ther is something I have missed/errored on.

My problem is that nothing shows up on the OCS Logging tool even when I place a call from communicator to phone. The logging tool records communicator to communicator calls so I know that it is working. Also it only vaguely sounds like something is ringing on the communicato. There is no response on the other end.

The other thing is that there are blank fields in Voice Route Helper tool in the test cases tab. For any given call, the fields that are blank are the Actual Phone Usage and Actual Route; the other fields are ok.

Thanks.

Friday, July 20, 2007 11:08 PM
  •  

Is this the same issue you posted in the other thread?
    Monday, July 30, 2007 10:32 PM
  • Yes, I might have posted twice by mistake. I apologize.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 2:26 PM
  •  

From the 'Ad-Hoc' tab on Route Helper, try typing the phone number you are trying to call, select the location profile that is the default for your setup, and the policy you have assigned to  your user.  Click the 'Test' button.

If you don't see a route being selected, you have a configuration problem.

You might try exporting your configuration from Route Helper.  You can export the location profile and routes a CSV files and paste them to the forum.

Thursday, August 2, 2007 11:27 PM
  • Can you let us know your status? Can you post your exported configuration?

Monday, August 13, 2007 6:49 PM