Office Communicator Mobile for Java - Call Via Work Feature RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I've just installed the Office Communication Server 2007 R2 CWA server for allowing the Office Communicator for Mobile Access.
    As i understand, Microsoft Announced their support for Nokia S40 & S60 Mobile Phones.

One of the feature I’m seeking, is the Call back options (Call Via Work), and for some reason, i can't this option on my Nokia E71 Phone.
    Is this feature of Call Back is only possible in certain type of Nokia Phones?
    Does someone is using other types of Nokia phone where this feature is possible?

Best Regards,
    Ploni
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 7:50 AM

All replies

• Please read the getting started guide
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1E9867A3-6208-4BF2-8FB3-D0C1D9D4D036&displaylang=en

This release of Communicator Mobile for Java has the following limitations:

• Contacts cannot be added or deleted from the Contact List. You can add or remove contacts by using other Office Communicator Clients such as Communicator Web Access or Office Communicator 2007 or Office Communicator 2007 R2.
    • On Motorola phones, if you receive an incoming call, the Communicator Mobile for Java client is pushed to the background.
    • On Nokia S40 phones, the Communicator Mobile for Java client cannot be sent to the background. To access other phone features or applications, you must exit the
    • Communicator Mobile for Java client. This is a platform (S40) limitation.
    • You will not be able to make Communicator Calls. If you want to receive Communicator Calls, you have to set up the Call Forwarding feature in Office Communicator.
    • On some Nokia S60 phones, there is no Call feature. You use the phone dialer to make direct cellular calls.
    • Screen resolution 240x320 or 320x240 (for Nokia S60)
    • Communicator for Mobile for Java does not support voice conferencing. Users will not even get invitations for conference calls.

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Friday, September 18, 2009 2:52 PM