Install problems at reboot RRS feed

• Question

• Im having problems with the install, it gets through the first section says its going to copy files. After that it says it will reboot. When the PC reboots though it just boots straight back into the install from the start.

This is with a standard ATA 80 gig drive. And i've messed with bios settings to have it boot off the bios first.

When back in the Install I can see that the drive has been partitioned so it has been written to, so I can't see why it continues to boot to the CD

Does anyone have suggestions?
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 10:15 PM

Answers

• I worked it out.

The bios was set to boot from hdd1 second.  There was no hdd1 though.  When I set it to boot off hdd0 after the dvd it worked fine.

Smile
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 11:18 PM

All replies

• WHS will reboot many times before its finished installing, what ever you do, DO NOT remove the dvd untill its finished installing.
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 11:17 PM
  • This happens if I don't remove the dvd.  It comes up saying the installation will continue after a reboot.  I leave the computer as is and it boots back into the dvd from the start of the installation.
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 11:32 PM
  • Are you pressing any keys after it reboots?
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 11:39 PM
  • Nope nothing, I leave it completely alone
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 11:40 PM
  • Not sure why its doing that,  you said " you messed with the BOIS setting"  set the BIOS to boot to the dvd drive first.
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 11:52 PM
  • I've tried setting the Hard disk to be the first boot device, and with the dvd drive to be the first boot device, same problem.

Also unplugged a second CD drive as well as well as a second Hard disk, again the same.

Really can't see any possible reason for it!
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 11:54 PM
  • Actually, just thought, the dvd wasn't the first boot device, infact a floppy drive was with dvd second... Could this be causing problems?
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 10:03 AM
  • Set the BIOS to boot to the dvd drive first.
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 4:35 PM
  • Even with the floppy unplugged and dvd set to first priority it still just boots back from the dvd.
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 5:33 PM
  • I worked it out.

The bios was set to boot from hdd1 second.  There was no hdd1 though.  When I set it to boot off hdd0 after the dvd it worked fine.

Smile
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 11:18 PM
  • Good,  Glad you got it to work.
    Friday, July 13, 2007 3:52 PM
  • BIOS can be a pain.......

good to hear you got this one fixed.

we often find that loading 'optimised settings' fixes any BIOS 'mess ups'

Friday, July 13, 2007 4:06 PM