Live Mesh Error 00000040, 5 RRS feed

• Question

• I successfully connected to my home desktop from my laptop and work computer on Sunday and Monday; however, now I get the error message 00000040, 5 (cannot connect to remote desktop).  I receive this on every computer I try to open a remote desktop (no matter the device).

Any ideas?
    • Edited by MBroach Tuesday, July 29, 2008 9:16 PM spelling
    • Moved by mattfras1 Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:47 PM Not a Forums bug (Moved from Bug Reporting for Forums (not products) to Live Mesh)
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008 9:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.  It would help us if you could send us your Live Mesh logs.  Instructions for collecting logs are in an Announcement at the top of the forums.  Please email them to lmprev@microsoft.com, and mention the error code in your subject line.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 5:18 PM

All replies

• I am having the same problem as mbroach.  In the past, I have used the option successfully.  Today, I get this error code.  
    • Merged by mattfras1 Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:47 PM same topic
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008 9:54 PM
  • Hi,

We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.  It would help us if you could send us your Live Mesh logs.  Instructions for collecting logs are in an Announcement at the top of the forums.  Please email them to lmprev@microsoft.com, and mention the error code in your subject line.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 5:18 PM