none
Counterfeit Win 7 free repalcement from Microsoft new key invalid? RRS feed

• Question

• I have got round to doing a clean install with the free disc replacement provided by Microsoft, the key shows as invalid when I try to activate. Ive double checked the typing and tried changing the product key.

Any ideas?

Thursday, April 7, 2011 9:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• "noobby" wrote in message news:e572eb02-b9dc-433b-9930-8c66fdef483a...

I have got round to doing a clean install with the free disc replacement provided by Microsoft, the key shows as invalid when I try to activate. Ive double checked the typing and tried changing the product key.

Any ideas?

What is the EXACT error message you receive? At what point in the installation/Activation process?
    You may simply need to activate by phone.

Click on the Start button
    in the Search box, type
    SLUI   4
    and hit the Enter key
    follow the instructions - but when asked which service you require by the telephone ansafone, do NOT reply - this should force an operator to respond, who can deal with you.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 9:50 AM
  • Hi thanks for the reply, got sorted, think I need a visit to Specsavers ;)

Thursday, April 7, 2011 10:17 AM
  • "noobby" wrote in message news:6da0e8b4-b334-47d2-a15c-33d6574eb219...

Hi thanks for the reply, got sorted, think I need a visit to Specsavers ;)

Been there - done that (not bothered with Specsavers, but used a magnifying glass <g>)
    Good Luck!

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 10:31 AM