Integration with Nortel CS1000M PBX RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

We recently installed OCS 2007 into our network and it's great. I would like to have this integrated with our existing PBX system which is a Nortel CS1000M PBX. Does anyone have a guide for getting this to work?

Thanks for any responses.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 4:10 PM

All replies

• I have not used a 61C, but I have an 11C.  I will assume that the 61C does not do SIP native.  If I am correct you will need to get a Media Gateway.  They come in analog or digital versions depending on what kind of link you can provide from the PBX.  These two vendors below are approved by MS for this - you might need a Mediation Server depending on which model you pick.  I have done integrations with both of these vendors into OCS, Exchange & other products.  I will tell you that Dialogic has a much better site for support.  You will find guides on your PBX programming as well as the Gateway for both of these vendors.  Not all PBX's are supported by each vendor, so check them both out & find if they support your specific PBX.

http://www.dialogic.com/microsoftuc/default.htm

or

http://www.audiocodes.com/Content.aspx?voip=2757

Thursday, March 13, 2008 4:57 PM
  • Corrected. After confirming with another person we have in fact a Nortel CS1000M System. I would like to have OCS 2007 working with this.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:47 PM
  • You are correct

Nortel CS1000 is a supported IP PBX to integrate with dual forking and RCC

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/bb735838.aspx

Qualified IP-PBXs for Microsoft Office Communicator 2007

Listed below are IP-PBX and firmware combinations that have been independently qualified via tekVizion labs or at Microsoft to meet qualification requirements. It is recommended that you visit the vendor's Web site for the latest information regarding features, protocol, capacity, country support and documentation including a Quick Start Guide, release notes and known issues. Other supported products are also listed by request of the vendor as the same firmware runs across these products. While these have not been specifically tested, the vendor does fully support this configuration for the listed Qualification Level. Please contact the vendor for more information on these products.

IP-PBX Vendor Tested Product

Qualification Level

Software Version Tested Vendor’s Web site Other Supported Products
    Nortel

CS 1000

Dual Forking***

Dual Forking with RCC***

Call Server X2105.00W

Signaling Server 5.00.31

Multimedia Communications Manager 3.0.1.77

Nortel CS 1000 Series

The Microsoft Partner Program recognizes the expertise and impact of partners in the technology marketplace. Find out more on the Microsoft Partner Program site.

*** If you are deploying Dual Forking, you must also install the following updates for Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007:

Johan

Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:59 PM
  • I do have a guied for the same. Please mail me off-line and i will share the same with you.

my id is

arya_pankaj@yahoo.com

Thanks

Regards

AP

Monday, March 17, 2008 7:13 AM
  • Still looking for what needs to be changed or enabled in the CS 1000M IP PBX to work with OCS 2007.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 2:13 PM
  • You need to have pkg 

MS_CONV               408
    and ism parameters
    PCA                    3000   LEFT 900    USED     2100
    AST                    3000    LEFT 900    USED     2100
    SIP CTI TR87           3000    LEFT 900    USED     2100

You need to create a SIP Route

Configure you signaling server and the NRS to use OCS and associate DN to a PCA equippment in case of RCC.

You need to create a PCA tn only in case MOC users.

all usefull informations are available on NTP :

NN43001-121 Nortel Converged Office Fundamentals — Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007

Other solution , you can contact ICA Collaboration Center for further information.

Friday, April 11, 2008 10:11 PM