Outlook Private Appointments are visible in Crm 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• When a private appointment in Outlook is synchronised to CRM it is displays as any other appointment (not private).  Is there a way to make it private in CRM (hide the subject or make it show 'private'.)  Don't mind using a workflow or a plugin if necessary - but I thought this would be standard!

I have a feeling that our clients will not like the fact that their personal appointments are visible to everyone.

Obviously I could just say don't track the private appointments and enter them manually in the CRM service calendar as 'private appointment' or something, but I'd prefer an automated way.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 10:45 AM

Answers

• I don't believed CRM 4.0 have the private appointment feature built-in. 3rd party product addon have that feature. I think I remembered seeing the private feature in the group calendar addon product.
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:45 PM

All replies

• I don't believed CRM 4.0 have the private appointment feature built-in. 3rd party product addon have that feature. I think I remembered seeing the private feature in the group calendar addon product.
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:45 PM
  • I have added this to a Feature Request in Microsoft Connect.   I think this is just a "working as Designed" issue that needs to be added to the MSFT development schedule.  Because that is obviously a bit in the Outlook Appointment.  So CRM needs to work the same way.  

• Proposed as answer by Pierre Hulsebus Wednesday, September 23, 2009 8:01 PM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 10:04 PM